Wednesday, May 18, 2011

table time!

today I'm going to explain to you how I made a lovely side table.

One of the fortunate things about living with your parents is acquiring free things. My parents no longer wanted this ugly dark brown side table, so I of course wanted it. But dark brown is not something I do, so I chose to make it yellow!!

When repainting furniture they tell you to sand the piece down. If you are like me and either do not know how to sand or find it creepy, you might want to choose using a PRIMER instead. I love this primer. No sanding necessary!

Once it is primed it will look like this:

so pretty!!

Now you could go on to just spray paint the dang thing a pretty color. But of course I have to make things wayyy more interesting. I decided on adding a stencil! I already had it from another project (that I shall post about next) and I could reuse it by only using the middle pieces.

I bought the stencils at Michaels and chose these:
they are technically fabric stencils, which is great because they STICK! Sweet!

It is kinda tricky getting the inside part of the stencil in the right place but it doesn't have to be perfect:

Once the sticky stencil is in place, it is time for the fun part!! SPRAY PAINTING!!!

My finished product :)

So pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment