Wednesday, May 18, 2011

project jewelry frame

I have seen a few of these jewelry frames on other blogs and decided to make one for myself, with a few of my own additions. 

1) I had an old unfinished wood frame and spray painted it.
2) I took a plain white piece of fabric and used the fabric stencils to paint the flowers with different color fabric paint
3) I went to a hardware store and bought a big roll of wire mesh. I used wire cutters to cut it into the shape of the frame. Then I spray painted that too.
4) Using a hot glue gun, I attached the fabric to a piece of cardboard that was backing the frame. Then I stuck it into the frame on top of the mesh.
5) To secure it into place, I hot glued all around the back.



I think it looks really cool! But since I have more necklaces than earrings, I think I'm going to drill some holes in the bottom and add little hooks to hang them. I'll post that too when I get around to learning how to use a drill (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment